Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

All info added is on a "VOLUNTEER" basis, so no responsibility will be taken for accuracy or lack of completeness by TSP.
User avatar
Peter Yates
Admiral
Posts: 9613
Joined: Mar 10th, '09, 19:44
Location: Woodend VIC
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by Peter Yates » Jul 27th, '20, 17:49

Duncanson 26 offshore - $19.900 - Kingscote SA


Looks really good and comes with a new Yanmar diesel. If everything works, it is a good buy. Only thing is the trailer may not have breakaway brakes which would be required.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kingsco ... 1253452502
Peter Y

Investigator 563 "Tricksy"

Tow car - Ford Territory 2WD diesel.

User avatar
bachus
Yachtmaster
Posts: 3552
Joined: Jan 24th, '13, 20:43
Location: Bayside, Melbourne
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by bachus » Jul 27th, '20, 17:52

Peter Yates wrote:
Jul 27th, '20, 17:49
Duncanson 26 offshore - $19.900 - Kingscote SA


Looks really good and comes with a new Yanmar diesel. If everything works, it is a good buy. Only thing is the trailer may not have breakaway brakes which would be required.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kingsco ... 1253452502
"Fitted with electric hyraulic disc brakes " implies?
Jim
Castle 650 #96. Mystic.
Towing with Ford Territory SZII TX AWD

User avatar
Peter Yates
Admiral
Posts: 9613
Joined: Mar 10th, '09, 19:44
Location: Woodend VIC
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by Peter Yates » Jul 28th, '20, 17:12

bachus wrote:
Jul 27th, '20, 17:52
Peter Yates wrote:
Jul 27th, '20, 17:49
Duncanson 26 offshore - $19.900 - Kingscote SA


Looks really good and comes with a new Yanmar diesel. If everything works, it is a good buy. Only thing is the trailer may not have breakaway brakes which would be required.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kingsco ... 1253452502
"Fitted with electric hyraulic disc brakes " implies?
Yes maybe. If they are fitted, this might be good buying.
Peter Y

Investigator 563 "Tricksy"

Tow car - Ford Territory 2WD diesel.

User avatar
Peter Yates
Admiral
Posts: 9613
Joined: Mar 10th, '09, 19:44
Location: Woodend VIC
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by Peter Yates » Jul 28th, '20, 17:15

Ultimate 23 - $16,500 - Townsville QLD

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/nome/sa ... 1253553080
Peter Y

Investigator 563 "Tricksy"

Tow car - Ford Territory 2WD diesel.

User avatar
Peter Yates
Admiral
Posts: 9613
Joined: Mar 10th, '09, 19:44
Location: Woodend VIC
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by Peter Yates » Jul 28th, '20, 17:17

Ross 650 - $32,000 - Wollongong NSW

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wollong ... 1253552807
Peter Y

Investigator 563 "Tricksy"

Tow car - Ford Territory 2WD diesel.

User avatar
Peter Yates
Admiral
Posts: 9613
Joined: Mar 10th, '09, 19:44
Location: Woodend VIC
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by Peter Yates » Jul 28th, '20, 17:20

Farrier TT680 plywood to complete restoration - $12,000 neg. - Bundagen NSW.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bonvill ... 1253053453
Peter Y

Investigator 563 "Tricksy"

Tow car - Ford Territory 2WD diesel.

User avatar
Peter Yates
Admiral
Posts: 9613
Joined: Mar 10th, '09, 19:44
Location: Woodend VIC
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by Peter Yates » Jul 28th, '20, 17:22

MacGregor 26X - $33,000 neg. - Gold Coast QLD

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bundall ... 1253536013
Peter Y

Investigator 563 "Tricksy"

Tow car - Ford Territory 2WD diesel.

User avatar
Peter Yates
Admiral
Posts: 9613
Joined: Mar 10th, '09, 19:44
Location: Woodend VIC
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by Peter Yates » Jul 28th, '20, 17:24

Seawind 24 - $10,000 neg. - Townsville QLD


No trailer.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/railway ... 1253522228
Peter Y

Investigator 563 "Tricksy"

Tow car - Ford Territory 2WD diesel.

User avatar
zebedee
Admiral
Posts: 11098
Joined: May 9th, '07, 01:05
Location: Bayside Melbourne
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 228 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by zebedee » Jul 28th, '20, 18:51

Peter Yates wrote:
Jul 27th, '20, 17:49
Only thing is the trailer may not have breakaway brakes which would be required.
bachus wrote:
Jul 27th, '20, 17:52
"Fitted with electric hyraulic disc brakes " implies?
Peter Yates wrote:
Jul 28th, '20, 17:12
Yes maybe. If they are fitted, this might be good buying.
Sure looks like a Hydrastar unit to me...
Hydrastar.png
A man's boat is his Castle. The Gippsland Lakes are my moat. Castle 650 #10, Roller Coaster.

User avatar
MoodyBlue
Administrator
Posts: 3880
Joined: Oct 10th, '06, 21:24
Location: Romsey Victoria
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by MoodyBlue » Jul 28th, '20, 18:59

I think you are right Zeb.
There was one turned up at St Helens for a group sail in 1997 (Still had our Boomaroo 22) and the owner claimed the thing was well over 2.5 tonnes with out trailer!!
"There is no perfect boat. There are only those shaded to your preferences.":-)

User avatar
Peter Yates
Admiral
Posts: 9613
Joined: Mar 10th, '09, 19:44
Location: Woodend VIC
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by Peter Yates » Jul 28th, '20, 22:38

MoodyBlue wrote:
Jul 28th, '20, 18:59
I think you are right Zeb.
There was one turned up at St Helens for a group sail in 1997 (Still had our Boomaroo 22) and the owner claimed the thing was well over 2.5 tonnes with out trailer!!
Yes there were a couple parked near my South Coast 25 in mast-up storage for a while. I always thought the SC25 was a big bulky 25 footer, but the Duncansons made it look small despite only being a foot longer. So at least 2 tonnes plus trailer by the looks. Nice looking boats though.
Peter Y

Investigator 563 "Tricksy"

Tow car - Ford Territory 2WD diesel.

User avatar
Wanton
Yachtmaster
Posts: 3237
Joined: Nov 28th, '06, 08:36
Location: Sunbury Vic
Has thanked: 178 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by Wanton » Jul 29th, '20, 05:46

Peter Yates wrote:
Jul 28th, '20, 22:38
MoodyBlue wrote:
Jul 28th, '20, 18:59
I think you are right Zeb.
There was one turned up at St Helens for a group sail in 1997 (Still had our Boomaroo 22) and the owner claimed the thing was well over 2.5 tonnes with out trailer!!
Yes there were a couple parked near my South Coast 25 in mast-up storage for a while. I always thought the SC25 was a big bulky 25 footer, but the Duncansons made it look small despite only being a foot longer. So at least 2 tonnes plus trailer by the looks. Nice looking boats though.
Yes they are heavy to tow. We had two of them in our club and agree they are a well made, very seaworthy and very beautiful boats.
Ed
Wanton C22/110
All I wanna do is sail
http://www.baysidetrailableyachtclub.com

User avatar
Peter Yates
Admiral
Posts: 9613
Joined: Mar 10th, '09, 19:44
Location: Woodend VIC
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by Peter Yates » Jul 29th, '20, 16:10

Peter Y

Investigator 563 "Tricksy"

Tow car - Ford Territory 2WD diesel.

User avatar
Peter Yates
Admiral
Posts: 9613
Joined: Mar 10th, '09, 19:44
Location: Woodend VIC
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by Peter Yates » Jul 30th, '20, 07:51

Redjacket 17 fixed keel - $3,500 - Greenfields WA

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/greenfi ... 1253651885
Peter Y

Investigator 563 "Tricksy"

Tow car - Ford Territory 2WD diesel.

User avatar
Peter Yates
Admiral
Posts: 9613
Joined: Mar 10th, '09, 19:44
Location: Woodend VIC
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by Peter Yates » Jul 30th, '20, 07:53

Court 650 - $6,990 - Varsity Lakes QLD

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/varsity ... 1253655398
Peter Y

Investigator 563 "Tricksy"

Tow car - Ford Territory 2WD diesel.

User avatar
Mojo
Able Skipper
Posts: 1576
Joined: Oct 15th, '06, 20:51
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 37 times
Contact:

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by Mojo » Jul 30th, '20, 10:36

Any real world figures on what a court 650 weighs?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sheikjabooti
CompetentCrew
Posts: 58
Joined: Feb 15th, '20, 01:47
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by sheikjabooti » Aug 1st, '20, 01:21

Mojo wrote:
Jul 30th, '20, 10:36
Any real world figures on what a court 650 weighs?
https://johncrawfordmarine.com.au/court ... chure/file

830kg?
David
Van de Stadt MB21
Still on 'L' plates

User avatar
bachus
Yachtmaster
Posts: 3552
Joined: Jan 24th, '13, 20:43
Location: Bayside, Melbourne
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by bachus » Aug 1st, '20, 20:12

Careel 22 - $6,500 - North Epping, NSW

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sailboat-Ca ... Swq1NfIjfM
Jim
Castle 650 #96. Mystic.
Towing with Ford Territory SZII TX AWD

User avatar
bachus
Yachtmaster
Posts: 3552
Joined: Jan 24th, '13, 20:43
Location: Bayside, Melbourne
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by bachus » Aug 1st, '20, 20:14

1977 Compass/Duncanson 22 - $6,995 - Largs bay, SA

No trailer mentioned

https://www.boatsales.com.au/boats/deta ... 1441/?Cr=0
Jim
Castle 650 #96. Mystic.
Towing with Ford Territory SZII TX AWD

User avatar
Peter Yates
Admiral
Posts: 9613
Joined: Mar 10th, '09, 19:44
Location: Woodend VIC
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by Peter Yates » Aug 1st, '20, 21:29

Cole Bountycraft 23 - $9,900 neg. - Eatons Hill QLD


Doesn't look lke a Cole 23.


https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/eatons- ... 1253836622
Peter Y

Investigator 563 "Tricksy"

Tow car - Ford Territory 2WD diesel.

User avatar
Peter Yates
Admiral
Posts: 9613
Joined: Mar 10th, '09, 19:44
Location: Woodend VIC
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by Peter Yates » Aug 1st, '20, 21:31

23' project - $3,000 - Sydney NSW


Is it a Court 650 perhaps? Only one image. Silly little trailer wheels.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sydney- ... 1253839744
Peter Y

Investigator 563 "Tricksy"

Tow car - Ford Territory 2WD diesel.

User avatar
Peter Yates
Admiral
Posts: 9613
Joined: Mar 10th, '09, 19:44
Location: Woodend VIC
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by Peter Yates » Aug 1st, '20, 21:33

Clifton 23 - $5,500 neg. - Runaway Bay QLD

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/runaway ... 1251569394
Peter Y

Investigator 563 "Tricksy"

Tow car - Ford Territory 2WD diesel.

User avatar
bachus
Yachtmaster
Posts: 3552
Joined: Jan 24th, '13, 20:43
Location: Bayside, Melbourne
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by bachus » Aug 2nd, '20, 14:12

Ultimate16 - Bidding - Williamstown, Vic

Very tired example

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ultimate16- ... SwOntfJihN
Jim
Castle 650 #96. Mystic.
Towing with Ford Territory SZII TX AWD

Tezza
Able Skipper
Posts: 866
Joined: Apr 2nd, '17, 16:31
Location: Brisbane
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by Tezza » Aug 2nd, '20, 14:22

Peter Yates wrote:
Aug 1st, '20, 21:29
Cole Bountycraft 23 - $9,900 neg. - Eatons Hill QLD


Doesn't look lke a Cole 23.


https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/eatons- ... 1253836622
Was hoping someone would know .I’ve searched web with no luck.
Fractional rig ,keel rope
Sonata 6 Mango

davem
Inshore Skipper
Posts: 256
Joined: Nov 28th, '14, 11:06
Location: Sydney Northern Beaches
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Spotted. TS's for sale on the net.

Post by davem » Aug 3rd, '20, 12:19

Tezza wrote:
Aug 2nd, '20, 14:22
Peter Yates wrote:
Aug 1st, '20, 21:29
Cole Bountycraft 23 - $9,900 neg. - Eatons Hill QLD


Doesn't look lke a Cole 23.


https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/eatons- ... 1253836622
Was hoping someone would know .I’ve searched web with no luck.
Fractional rig ,keel rope
You sure its not a fixed keel version ? I mean what else is holding it up out of the water ? Doesn't look to have a retractable keel internally.

Has the high gunnels, V-berth storage and internal timber trimmed shelf of Cole. Looks a bit weird being mid-air and dark anti-foul

Post Reply

Return to “For Sale, or Swap, Barter etc”