Spotted: TS Parts And Accessories For Sale

All info added is on a "VOLUNTEER" basis, so no responsibility will be taken for accuracy or lack of completeness by TSP.
Peridot
Lakes & Bays Skipper

Re: Spotted: TS Parts And Accessories For Sale

Post by Peridot »

What a difference a day makes. Talked to local Hayman Reece agents at Miami Towbars. For our trailer the LDH would be $300, and HR make an arm for boat trailers, $200. But my new friend believes I need to put more load on the drawbar to reduce pitching so will try that first. Can't get enough by moving the winch post, so need to launch the boat and move the axle assembly.

My boat is 6m long and weighs about 900Kg, so need to move 300mm to get another 45Kg on my drawbar. Right ????
Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
All that really belongs to us is time,
even he who has nothing else has that. (Balthasar Gracian)

Peter

"Peridòt", 6.0m Jim Young, and 05 Jeep Renegade Cherokee
Wanton
Yachtmaster

Post by Wanton »

bachus wrote: Oct 24th, '19, 15:15 If sold they come up on a regular basis. If you can avoid the chain types, the hooks for the chain types are harder to mount on outriggers like I have. From the following photo you can see where the outrigger brackets came from.
But note that the chain types have higher adjustment capability over what I have.

What I have is as follows:

WDH.png

This is advertised on Gumtree in Perth for $80 - about what I paid.
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/emu-pla ... 1231510214
Aha! it seems you need to make a tool to help with the task Jim. I have the chain type. The tool is basically a T welded to a suitable piece of iron. I have a large nut welded about 1/3 down the length and to that I tie a suitable piece of rope with a hook at the end. I rest the T on the trailer, slack down the hook and place it around the bar. Pull up with one hand as you choose the chain link to tension the bar. If you need photos I can take a couple for you to illustrate what I am describing. Errr! easy - piecey.
Ed
Wanton C22/110
All I wanna do is sail
http://www.baysidetrailableyachtclub.com
bachus
Yachtmaster

Post by bachus »

Peridot wrote: Oct 24th, '19, 18:59 What a difference a day makes. Talked to local Hayman Reece agents at Miami Towbars. For our trailer the LDH would be $300, and HR make an arm for boat trailers, $200. But my new friend believes I need to put more load on the drawbar to reduce pitching so will try that first. Can't get enough by moving the winch post, so need to launch the boat and move the axle assembly.

My boat is 6m long and weighs about 900Kg, so need to move 300mm to get another 45Kg on my drawbar. Right ????
Peter

Re arm. Yes I know about the Hayman Reese arm . . but I objected to paying that price for a relatively simple bit of steel. Hence my hack approach. Actual cost was $10 plus a bit of time (not much) as I already had the U bolt clamps.

Re pitching. I cannot comment On the difference this would make as I had a different tow vehicle when I moved the axle back and added weight to the ball. This was not done for for your reason but to remove weight from the overloaded factory axle. No difference with that tow vehicle (VW Touareg with auto levelling air suspension).
Jim
Castle 650 #96. Mystic.
Towing with Ford Territory SZII TX AWD
Wanton
Yachtmaster

Post by Wanton »

Here is a photo of my Draw Bar setup showing the level rider. chain and the tool I described above.
Drawbar.jpg
Ed
Wanton C22/110
All I wanna do is sail
bachus
Yachtmaster

Post by bachus »

Wanton wrote: Oct 24th, '19, 19:35 Here is a photo of my Draw Bar setup showing the level rider. chain and the tool I described above.

Drawbar.jpg
Yup that’ll work :-)
Jim
Castle 650 #96. Mystic.
zebedee
Admiral

Post by zebedee »

It's got the same bar hangers as mine uses. I like the bar lifting tool.
If you've got override brakes, it is important that the bars are able to move fore and aft a short distance on the trailer to accomodate the coupling changing length. That's why the supports swing, or alternatively suspend the bars on chains.
A man's boat is his Castle. The Gippsland Lakes are my moat. Castle 650 #10, Roller Coaster.
Peridot
Lakes & Bays Skipper

Post by Peridot »

My calculations are flawed. I was originally thinking of moving the winch post so that would only affect the position of the boat. But I can't get enough so thought about moving the axle. I realise after sleeping on it that will affect the trailer as well so I have about 1200kg, not 900. I think that means 20kg per 100mm.

Zeb, our ute would have been about a 2001, 2.5 diesel turbo, 4WD. Had planned to bring it over with the slide-on on a carnet but it all got too hard. Bought a motorhome here instead.

Wanton, I like the simplicity of your crossbar, but I wonder about the importance of the length of chain. Tight turns must have the effect of moving the springbars for and aft. McHITCH say you need an extra fitting that has roller bearings but their website does not show where it goes. Supposed to eliminate creaking, etc, common with the LDH. Any thoughts ?

Will shift the axle first and see how it goes. Heading for NSW and we found last time the roads are much better than where we have been.
Peter

All that really belongs to us is time,
even he who has nothing else has that. (Balthasar Gracian)

Peter

"Peridòt", 6.0m Jim Young, and 05 Jeep Renegade Cherokee
Tinggu
Able Skipper

Post by Tinggu »

I thought I had already sent this but can't find it so I'll try again. We have big trip coming up and I am thinking that a WDH set will be a valuable addition to the ride, if only to counter the porpoising. Jim, your outrigger arms look like a great solution to the lack of "V" but could you please give me a bit more detail about guages a d dimensions. Moody Blue mentioned the simile of wheelbarrow arms being further apart as steadying factor. How far is far when putting outriggers on the drawbar? I thought your photo showed a lack of "meat" but perhaps the stresses are not as extreme as I would have expected.
Thanks. This has turned out to be a very interesting thread. Thanks to you all for sharing your thoughts and experiences.
Pete
SC23/Northwind 7 "Isabella Jane"
Discovery 2TD5
and a tinny
bachus
Yachtmaster

Post by bachus »

Fridges

Jaycar have some interesting fridges for sale at the present time.

For example the 36ltr version, weighs 14kg empty, 36 month warranty, shop front store no online and if you use the "new email subscriber" code of bonus10 you get 10% off the listed price making it $360 delivered.
Jim
Castle 650 #96. Mystic.
bachus
Yachtmaster

Post by bachus »

Peridot wrote: Oct 25th, '19, 08:00 My calculations are flawed. I was originally thinking of moving the winch post so that would only affect the position of the boat. But I can't get enough so thought about moving the axle. I realise after sleeping on it that will affect the trailer as well so I have about 1200kg, not 900. I think that means 20kg per 100mm.

Zeb, our ute would have been about a 2001, 2.5 diesel turbo, 4WD. Had planned to bring it over with the slide-on on a carnet but it all got too hard. Bought a motorhome here instead.

Wanton, I like the simplicity of your crossbar, but I wonder about the importance of the length of chain. Tight turns must have the effect of moving the springbars for and aft. McHITCH say you need an extra fitting that has roller bearings but their website does not show where it goes. Supposed to eliminate creaking, etc, common with the LDH. Any thoughts ?

Will shift the axle first and see how it goes. Heading for NSW and we found last time the roads are much better than where we have been.
Peter

You can use the attached xls if you wish
Moving axles v3.xls
(28.5 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
Jim
Castle 650 #96. Mystic.
zebedee
Admiral

Post by zebedee »

eg:
15 litres, $199
22 litres, $299
36 litres, dual zone fridge and freezer, $399
Full range here.

But don't be tempted by the thermoelectric "cooler/warmer"; they're a dead loss as a fridge, no matter whether they come from some anonymous Chinese supplier on ebay or from Jaycar.
A man's boat is his Castle. The Gippsland Lakes are my moat. Castle 650 #10, Roller Coaster.
bachus
Yachtmaster

Post by bachus »

zebedee wrote: Oct 25th, '19, 14:40 eg:
15 litres, $199
22 litres, $299
36 litres, dual zone fridge and freezer, $399
Full range here.

But don't be tempted by the thermoelectric "cooler/warmer"; they're a dead loss as a fridge, no matter whether they come from some anonymous Chinese supplier on ebay or from Jaycar.
And all at 10% off those prices . . . if you use the 10% discount given for giving them your email . . .
Jim
Castle 650 #96. Mystic.
zebedee
Admiral

Post by zebedee »

Well, an email that works...
Wanton
Yachtmaster

Post by Wanton »

Peridot wrote: Oct 25th, '19, 08:00 ......

Peter

As you will appreciate you can really lift that spring quite a lot. The trick is not to overdo it as as Zeb mentioned the goose neck will need to be able to move back and forth for the override brakes to function properly. I usually pull it up so leave 5 links from the lock to the spring. Don't ask me why 5, but it seems to work a treat for me.
Ed
Wanton C22/110
All I wanna do is sail
Davidjohn
Lakes & Bays Skipper

Post by Davidjohn »

For tensioning the bars and chains, I just used to use an 18 inch length of 1 inch gal pipe slipped over the end of the bar, maybe these days I might need 2 feet or so!
David
Davidjohn
"Not so much a poster of any great volume; but hopefully one of value to somebody!"
Hartley TS18 "Hobbit"
mob
Able Skipper

Post by mob »

Free to anyone who can be bothered coming to pick it up. I'm in Ormond.
PA270333.JPG
zebedee
Admiral

Post by zebedee »

Strikes me as a good thing, but I'm up in Sydney today!
zebedee
Admiral

Post by zebedee »

OK, I'm back from Sydney and nobody else has put their hand up!
mob
Able Skipper

Post by mob »

It's all yours Graham.
zebedee
Admiral

Post by zebedee »

I'll give you a bell when I get a chance to pop over there!
MoodyBlue
Administrator

Post by MoodyBlue »

mob wrote: Oct 27th, '19, 16:52 Free to anyone who can be bothered coming to pick it up. I'm in Ormond.PA270333.JPG
Getting slow in old age.

MOB, any idea what that device is called or where you got it.

Just realised it ( a copy of ) would work with the bars I purchased from INMA.

Does not look too hard to make though.

Cheers
Jeff
"There is no perfect boat. There are only those shaded to your preferences.":-)
mob
Able Skipper

Post by mob »

My neighbour is a rubbish removalist and that was from a garage clean out with some other trailer stuff. I had no idea what it was so asked around for a while, an old caravaner at our club told me what it was for. Perhaps you and Zeb can come to an arrangement.
MoodyBlue
Administrator

Post by MoodyBlue »

Bit of "Googling" and found them at Caravans Plus for $29 so ordered one.

Bars I got from INMA are two per side and the second ones are real finger biters.

Many thanks
"There is no perfect boat. There are only those shaded to your preferences.":-)
Peter Yates
Admiral

Post by Peter Yates »

Careel 18 main and jib - $200 - Belmont NSW

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/belmont ... 1232635211
Peter Y

Investigator 563 "Tricksy"

Tow car - Ford Territory 2WD diesel.
zebedee
Admiral

Post by zebedee »

Pioneer 8 tender in Sydney; ebay auction starting price $250, no bids yet:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/193201854757

Return to “For Sale, or Swap, Barter etc”