Noelex 25 for sale - Noosa

All info added is on a "VOLUNTEER" basis, so no responsibility will be taken for accuracy or lack of completeness by TSP.
JoshJ
Midshipman

Noelex 25 for sale - Noosa

Post by JoshJ »

I bought a new ocean cruiser so my Noelex 25 is for sale. It was perfect for when I had a house and driveway but now I want to widen my adventures across oceans. I had some great times up the QLD coast even 120km out to Percy Island. It handled rough 25 knot weather and 3m seas fine. Even 40 knot nonsense in the Whitsundays but I ended motoring into shelter.

I'll try to give an accurate picture of the boat, good and bad, but it really is a great boat in general. I looked at other trailer sailers when buying it but they were awkward with the layouts, no head room or a big bloody keel box in the middle of the floor. I heard much about the Noelex and it's not the cheapest but one of the best.

This one is set up comfortably for cruising. The last owner bought some neat stuff.

- There's a dual axle Mackay trailer with hydraulic brakes. Last owner spent $15k on that. I took it for granted until I met people going 80km/h from Melbourne to Whitsundays with their boat swaying. This one is completely stable at 110km/h.
- Nice bimini for shelter.
- Furling jib set up. Very easy to single hand sail. I did it many times. Sail is good condition.
- There's a spare main in good condition. Sailmaker repaired other main a couple of times like where the spreader wore a hole where it lays across downwind. He put a rubbing pad there. There's still a few seasons left in it. I think there's a spare jib, to be honest the furler is there and I never looked in the other sail bags.
- 2 burner cooker, portable toilet, fridge that rolls out from under the stairs, stereo, radio, fly screens, boom tent that attaches to bimini.
- Plenty of storage places and a nice pop top roof. I can stand up easily at 5'7".
- Manson main anchor and a sarca for the stern anchor. Both worked very well.
- 9.8 Tohatsu engine. Runs well. Probably coming up due for an oil change. Gear oil changed recently. No issues.
- Keel and winch work fine. Also regelcoated base.

Here's the things people don't mention in their listings but I'd prefer people know them upfront. I really kept on top of maintenance and fixed any issues so nothing to hide.

- I spent a lot of hours buffing the gelcoat. Fixing all the typical hairline geloat cracks and little chips. That actually drove nuts. Not structural. I get to do it all again on the new boat.
- Last owner scraped a dock. I never like the repair so I redid the gelcoat on the side. ~50cm scratch.
- The keel got damaged on the highway. Totally rebuilt the thing. I'm actually proud of that one. It was getting osmosis bubbles from some small water crack. I sanded it all back. Dried, rebuild some foam core and used biaxial glass and epoxy. Then regelcoated. Better than before.
- The acrylic windows are crazed as typical for these boats. I remember thinking I'd change them when I bought it but just got used to it. It's a surface craze, so still plenty strong enough. Can be sanded and buffed out, replaced and not worry about it.
- Fixed the last owner's dodgy wiring and love on gaffa tape. All cleaned up.
- Fix the sliding hatch lock with epoxy. Again, last owner dodgy putty repair.

There's a few jobs I wanted to do before selling but I thought I'd list it for now...
- A couple of small gelcoat touch ups and fill a couple of screw holes from old antenna mount.
- I redid the shelving. I still need to get to the painting on one side. Another quick job.
- Remove some oyster and barnacle marks from the Whitsundays. Just a few hours on the beach for that one, I got good at it.
- The chain starting to get a bit rusty. It's still good just get dirty hands. Shouldn't be too much for a new one.
- I had a small stainless plate where the anchor point sometimes touches the bow. It was only stuck with 3m tape which gave way. I think it was $50 for that when I bought it.

I still have to empty the boat out to the other one so I won't get some pictures just now. I'll post some I have though.
Attachments
71239580_10156218593477504_8158481298638241792_n.jpg
69314979_10156145838837504_826143487735889920_n.jpg
15731871_10153917464822504_8160081795438832966_o.jpg
14639609_10153703443627504_8873651814144394569_n.jpg
madmission
Able Skipper

Re: Noelex 25 for sale - Noosa

Post by madmission »

Does it come fully crewed ? :lol: :lol:
Furstin
Admiral

Post by Furstin »

Does it have a price or if you have to ask you can't afford it? :)

What did you buy?

M.
JoshJ
Midshipman

Post by JoshJ »

Oh, that crew. I'm sure I'll look back and smile at that one. Just some lovely German girls.

Of course, the price. Kinda important. $35k seems fair. I paid $37,500. Of course any questions are welcome. I probably forgot some things.

I have a 40ft pacific seacraft now. Just pushed the limits of the Noelex I think. Extreme thunderstorm warning as I got to the ocean side of Fraser and half the sky black on the way out the Musgrave made me think I needed a bigger boat. Then again, I sailed this one up from Sydney and scared myself silly with it sideways and all the sail up.
Griffo
Midshipman

Post by Griffo »

Hi is this still for sail opps sale contact details please Andy 0428989507
chapstick
Midshipman

Post by chapstick »

Same question as above, is this still for sale?
NX25 961 Spindrift

Return to “For Sale, or Swap, Barter etc”