Marlay Point Survey

Home for all version of Trailer Sailing NOR's
MoodyBlue
Administrator

Marlay Point Survey

Post by MoodyBlue » Jun 11th, '20, 17:48

Not sure how to ad the entire email content, but anyone interested in having a say can get the link details from the committee below:

MPONR committee <info@mponr.com>
Thu 11/06/2020 3:08 PM
Your views matter to us.
We understand the race, its sailing at night.! That's the easy bit.
However what do you like ?
What would you like to change. ?
Here is your chance to help us add something to your race.
Remember this is your chance to help us, and continue a great race with maybe some new guidelines. We will have to wait and see what this means. Whilst we wait for the guidlines to race ..............
Click on this link to take you to a short survey.
Click on me to start survey.
Find us online
Follow us on Facebook, or our website details mponr.com.
Facebook
Link
[www.mponr.com]
"There is no perfect boat. There are only those shaded to your preferences.":-)

zebedee
Admiral

Re: Marlay Point Survey

Post by zebedee » Jun 11th, '20, 21:44

A man's boat is his Castle. The Gippsland Lakes are my moat. Castle 650 #10, Roller Coaster.

colect149
Yachtmaster

Re: Marlay Point Survey

Post by colect149 » Jun 14th, '20, 14:06

Even though I was only crew (and a poor one at that) this year I answered the survey. As this year was my 21st appearance ( and 21 finishes) in the race going back to the days when 600 or more boats competed I believed I had something to add. I believe the current format where the slower boats go straight to Paynesville and the faster ones circmnavigate R.I. is a good mix. If the weather calls for a shortened coarse the faster boats can finish straight into Paynesville as well. This works because most bad stuff comes from the South West so we virtually get blown into Pville anyway. My first time was in 1976 and the Hartley 16 had to leave the Tambo Bluff light to port and the Finish was up Mcmillan Straight past the Motor Hotel (now gone)and the Ferry at the Gippsland Lakes Club. It was a hard slog. Todays courses are a good mix of adventure and sailing for all.
Farr 5000 (Frodo).Tow hack Kia Sportage 2L FWD, 1967 MGB roadster, 1932 Austin 7 Box Saloon, Jayco 12.38. land yacht.

Return to “NOR - Regatta's, Passage Races & EVENTS etc”