Covid 19 Vaccination

This is for any general chat and information. Posts on specific topics covered in other forums will be moved to keep all forums active and relevant. No political posts will be tolerated, and if you have had your fill of TSP then a political post is an easy way out the door"
Wanton
Yachtmaster

Covid 19 Vaccination

Post by Wanton »

Ahoy TSP"ers,

I am very happy to announce that I have now had my 2nd round of the AstraZenegar vaccine. So according to the medicos I am now fully vaccinated.

Problem is that despite my being vaccinated, at the moment i cannot travel freely interstate. I have my medicare card on my phone as proof that I am fully vaccinated. It seems that we may need more people vaccinated. From my own experience, except for a bit of hip pain during the night after the first shot, (yes it was hip pain) I have not had any other side effects. Two panadols during the night fixed the hip pain. That was 3 months ago now.
So thankfully no side effects to date.

So if you have not been able to get the vaccine, please consider speaking with your doctor and follow his/her advice. The more of us that can get the vaccination the safer all of us and our loved ones will be. PS: don't give up if your local GP does not have the vaccine, just go to a vaccination centre. It only took me about 35 minutes when I went to the Western General Hospital, and it was very, very efficiently run too.
Last edited by Wanton on Jul 2nd, '21, 10:43, edited 1 time in total.
Ed
Wanton C22/110
All I wanna do is sail
http://www.baysidetrailableyachtclub.com
Johny
Inshore Skipper

Re: Covid 19 Vaccination

Post by Johny »

Wife got her first dose of AZ about 5 weeks ago and I got mine 3 weeks ago. Both of us had symptoms next day of coming down with a cold or flu but it was minor and went away after a day or so. I was tired for a couple of days.
Jarcat 6, Kismet. 6M Catamaran. 9.8HP 2 Stroke Tohatsu.
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV tow car.
AVAN Cruiseliner land yacht.
https://jarcat6.blogspot.com.au/
zebedee
Admiral

Post by zebedee »

Wanton wrote: Jul 2nd, '21, 08:42Problem is that despite my being vaccinated, at the moment i cannot travel freely interstate. I have my medicare card on my phone as proof that I am fully vaccinated. It seems that we may need more people vaccinated.
Vaccination virtually eliminates illness requiring hospitalisation, but it only reduces and does not eliminate infection and the possibility of passing covid on to other people, so as long as we're trying to achieve/maintain zero community infections, vaccination won't be sufficient to allow you to freely travel.
A man's boat is his Castle. The Gippsland Lakes are my moat. Castle 650 #10, Roller Coaster.
Furstin
Admiral

Post by Furstin »

Yeah, a mate of mine preaches this, but I said as you did, I don't think the reality will match the utopian vision in his mind.

I got Pfizzer Tuesday, tired next day, dead arm (probably poor intramuscular practice) but OK. Lib got her astra today.

So while there's no political talk on here, community resilience relys on adoption, so get on board. I do respect snyones right to refuse, but bear in mind one day the doors will be opened and you will be at very real risk.

One might argue given hotel 'quaratine' we're already there!! (Seriously, how long do we have to supplement people locked down rather than do a proper job of quaratine!)

Tezza
Able Skipper

Post by Tezza »

Get my second astra next Saturday. What's all the fuss! it was no big deal.
Sonata 6 Mango
Furstin
Admiral

Post by Furstin »

Well the guy in bed #6 might disagree, but I get your point :)
impulse
Able Skipper

Post by impulse »

Vaccination in this country is not compulsory.
Great, can I have the pfeizer jab please.
Sorry, you are over 60, you can only have astrazenaca.
But I don't want astrazenaca, I want pfeizer.
Too bad, you have to have astrazenaca.
So you mean vaccination is compulsory.
Cheers Robin.

Robin & Terry.
Spider 22 - Tool Time.
Furstin
Admiral

Post by Furstin »

I would think if you wait 2 months you'll be able to get pfizzer jab. Given that you have to wait 3 months for Astra follow up, its probably swings and roundabouts. If you are a betting man.

Now Scotty from marketing's got a plan we're all officially on a roadmap. KPIs will be met! blah blah : )
Tezza
Able Skipper

Post by Tezza »

Yea I know all 18 year olds will die and there are massive numbers getting blood clots according to our CHO .
What a load of rubbish .
Actually Pf has is own issues I would rather not get
Sonata 6 Mango
Frank Peters
Able Skipper

Post by Frank Peters »

Hi All,
I have received my first shot of AZ and had a painful night and cold as well.
Next day was OK and back to normal except one thing.
I have lost motivation to do any jobs I started before.
Now I hope to get back to my trailer update in three weeks time.
In the mean time I am cutting some fire wood as the heater goes 24x7.
Today I started to change the spark plugs on wife’s car.
It is Ford BA and what a job.
It takes me all day to change 6 spark plugs.
But I have to say after 150000 Km they look not bad, must be the intelligent driver.
Regards Frank
Wanton
Yachtmaster

Post by Wanton »

Frank Peters wrote: Jul 2nd, '21, 16:33 Hi All,
It takes me all day to change 6 spark plugs.
But I have to say after 150000 Km they look not bad, must be the intelligent driver.
Regards Frank

You must be slowing down Frank. Need to go for a jog around the paddock in the morning, you know break the frost on the grass. Invigorating. Huh you call a BA Ford hard, I had a car, I think it was the Magna V6 version, the 6th plug was gold tipped and you had to remove the rocker cover to get to that last plug to change it. It was about 8 or 9 times as expensive as a high quality plug. Luckily you only changed it every about `150,000k's. Now that is hard work to change a spark plug.
Ed
Wanton C22/110
All I wanna do is sail
http://www.baysidetrailableyachtclub.com
Tezza
Able Skipper

Post by Tezza »

Oh my I feel the pain for you . I had a couple of V12’s . For four of the cylinders you could not see or reach down so one needed a l o n g handle spark plug extractor with a rubber grommet to hold the plug as you lifted it out and in .
The hard bit was getting the leads back on .
Reminds me of the time I went to Doncaster Mazda to pick up carib the 80’s . They also serviced Ferraris and young bloke got the bill for a service of his Ferrari. He could not pay and had to leave car. Seems you have to drop rear of engine to change plugs etc.
Sonata 6 Mango
zebedee
Admiral

Post by zebedee »

Tezza wrote: Jul 2nd, '21, 18:43Oh my I feel the pain for you . I had a couple of V12’s . For four of the cylinders you could not see or reach down so one needed a l o n g handle spark plug extractor with a rubber grommet to hold the plug as you lifted it out and in.
It's true! I've seen this (home made) tool hanging on the wall in Ray's garage from when he worked on Jag V12s for a living!
A man's boat is his Castle. The Gippsland Lakes are my moat. Castle 650 #10, Roller Coaster.
zebedee
Admiral

Post by zebedee »

Wanton wrote: Jul 2nd, '21, 08:42 Ahoy TSP"ers,

I am very happy to announce that I have now had my 2nd round of the AstraZenegar vaccine.
When they jabbed me (in Wodonga the day before the big storm 3-1/2 weeks ago) I commented to the nurse that when I inherited some Astra Zeneca shares about 20 years ago, we couldn't even spell "Zeneca" to find out what they were worth, and now everybody in the world has heard of them.

I was slightly peeved when they decided to release Pfizer to people my age a week ago until I read more about the benefits of mixing types of vaccine; it will be a while before anyone is offering Pfizer to people who've had AZ, but all indications are that AZ then Pfizer is an excellent combination. I'll find the link on my other computer and insert it here shortly.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... eeks-study
Tezza
Able Skipper

Post by Tezza »

zebedee wrote: Jul 2nd, '21, 21:36
Tezza wrote: Jul 2nd, '21, 18:43Oh my I feel the pain for you . I had a couple of V12’s . For four of the cylinders you could not see or reach down so one needed a l o n g handle spark plug extractor with a rubber grommet to hold the plug as you lifted it out and in.
It's true! I've seen this (home made) tool hanging on the wall in Ray's garage from when he worked on Jag V12s for a living!
Magnificent motors.
Sonata 6 Mango
guzzis3
Able Skipper

Post by guzzis3 »

There is much talk in the USA about heart enlargment after phizer (sp). Cases are as rare as the AZ clots so there is a trivial risk with both.

I won't be getting the vacine but am not interested in the politics of it all. I am thinking of getting tested to see if I've already had it. I never develope symptoms whe I get colds and flu, just get tired for a few days, so if I've had it the point is moot anyway.

I have always wondered if the story is true that Lyons put a stop to the double OHC on the V12 because he thought it'd kill too many customers. Incredibly strong engine. I assume everyone knows now about closing the gap on the lucas dizzy to get them to fire properly, and how much real HP they developed compared to the imaginary horses so many cars in teh 70s claimed...
Harb
Able Skipper

Post by Harb »

zebedee wrote: Jul 2nd, '21, 21:42I was slightly peeved when they decided to release Pfizer to people my age
Same here but for a different reason. :lol:
I used the wife to test the AZ , got her on a diet of 1 Aspirine twice a day for the week before the vaccine and 2 weeks after that and she didn't even have a sore arm like she does with the flu shot. So I tried booking my AZ only they changed the rules so I had a Pfizer instead last week, had a bit of headache for the first 2 days and arm sore for the first day but so far so good.
Last edited by zebedee on Jul 3rd, '21, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed mangled quote
PaulS
Able Skipper

Post by PaulS »

Due my second AZ in a week, I suspect we’ll all get a booster of some kind (Phizer / Moderna etc) within a year anyway.......

Paul S
BETTER DROWNED THAN DUFFERS IF NOT DUFFERS WON'T DROWN
South Gippsland Victoria

Return to “General”