Court650...

Discussion on how to make that Trailer Sailer go faster & more comfortable
Wes Tozy
Midshipman
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Court650...

Post by Wes Tozy » Feb 11th, '21, 13:43

Hi there...Does anyone have any experience with a Court650 or know where I can get a review on them...I have looked on johncrawfordmarine and seabreeze and everywhere else on the net but there is very very little info about them...hoping to hear from someone who owns or has owned one...I would like to know how they perform under sail in different conditions,cruising speed,pointing ability etc and what if any modifications can be applied to make them a comfy little cruiser[inside and out]for weekends away....cheers Wes...

sheikjabooti
CompetentCrew

Re: Court650...

Post by sheikjabooti » Mar 12th, '21, 02:21

Never owned one, but you might use the old CBH ratings as a rule of thumb for performance:

https://www.sailingresources.org.au/scr ... ielf6rrozd
David
Van de Stadt MB21
On 'P' plates

Wes Tozy
Midshipman

Post by Wes Tozy » Mar 19th, '21, 23:38

Thanks Sheik...the one I was looking at was not in good cond as advertised...gave it a miss...quite annoying doing a 2000klm round trip to find it needed a lot of work and TLC[truck load cash]and thanks for the link it will come in handy for future reference...

Walter Pfister
Midshipman

Post by Walter Pfister » Mar 21st, '21, 11:44

I have a Court 650 and I’m fairly happy with it. The only annoyance is that the keel tends to get rusty where it’s hard to get to and likes to get stuck in it’s casing. However it sails well and we all love the pop top which gives the cabin standing height in low winds or under anchor.

Wes Tozy
Midshipman

Post by Wes Tozy » Apr 1st, '21, 20:26

hi walter...rusty sticking keels appears to be a common problem with Courts especially now they are 40 plus yrs old...there is a thread on TSP called...."Help needed about a Court 650 Trailer Sailer.."which describes the problem and the fixing issues involved..there is also some photos of the fixing job...it seems like a big hassle if one has to do it...........

Return to “Performance & Modifications”