Hi from Port Stephens

Having problems joining TSP or want to post some feedback?
This is the place to do it.
DD58
CompetentCrew
Has thanked: 0

Hi from Port Stephens

Post by DD58 » Jul 24th, '13, 10:20

Hi,

we have recently moved up to Port Stephens after too many years in Canberra. We owned and raced a Gem 550 in Canberra, but sold it a couple of years back.

We are now looking around for another TS, with a focus on cruising and the occasional race. This forum has been great in researching different options. My thinking is something around 25 foot. The discussion on Seaway vs Noelex was really helpful, and I think either of these might suit our purpose. I note a nice 1990 Seaway 787 recently sold on Yachthub. We have also looked at a local Gazelle 26, but there aren't many around to make a comparison.

Many thanks to Aza for providing me some recent advice re Castles, Clubman 8s and Ross 780s. Very helpful.

regards

Dave
Boat Harbour

ricdanger
Lakes & Bays Skipper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hi from Port Stephens

Post by ricdanger » Jul 24th, '13, 18:49

Out of interest what did you think of the gazelle? Looked like a fine boat on the ad (no affiliation)
Ric

Botterill Explorer 16 #10 - Captain Phasma

DD58
CompetentCrew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Hi from Port Stephens

Post by DD58 » Jul 25th, '13, 19:14

My first impression of the Gazelle was "it's big", but that's probably just coming from a Gem 550. It appears to be in good condition for its age, but as there aren't many (any) others about its hard to make a comparison.

Return to “Applying for Membership & Feedback”