New Members Introductions

Having problems joining TSP or want to post some feedback?
This is the place to do it.
Davidjohn
Lakes & Bays Skipper

Re: New Members Introductions

Post by Davidjohn »

:shock: Well, there goes Mrs Bazzington as far as sailing goes!! :shock:
Nah, that nearly ever happens if ya hold the mainsheet in your hands instead of cleating it off. :lolno:
Davidjohn
"Not so much a poster of any great volume; but hopefully one of value to somebody!"
Hartley TS18 "Hobbit"
rseydler
Yachtmaster

Post by rseydler »

Wanton wrote:
Oct 29th, '20, 10:27
zebedee wrote:
Oct 24th, '20, 02:53
Bazzington wrote:
Oct 24th, '20, 00:07
My wife ... would definitely opt for slow, steady and upright over fast and heeling over.
Ahh, but those aren't the choices!
You can have slow, steady and heeling over or if you can afford a trimaran, fast and upright!

(one more reason to motor up the Yarra for your first outing - no heeling over!)

Aha there-in lies the dilemna. Fast and upright until you get a little bit more adventurous and flip it over. OOOOpsi daisy.
Quick tow over and it'll be good to go again.
obowey
CompetentCrew

Post by obowey »

Bazzington, if you were interested in an rl24 and if your in WA i could show you ours. If you can sail a taser an rl24 would be a breeze for you. I sail both tasars and an rl24 was our first boat, and othet than a lack of headroom, they make a great cruiser IMO. A tasar is alot more nimble than an rl, but at the end of the day even a tasar can be sailed gently. It all comes down to the load on the sails.
Bazzington
Midshipman

Post by Bazzington »

obowey wrote:
Nov 1st, '20, 01:14
Bazzington, if you were interested in an rl24 and if your in WA i could show you ours. If you can sail a taser an rl24 would be a breeze for you. I sail both tasars and an rl24 was our first boat, and othet than a lack of headroom, they make a great cruiser IMO. A tasar is alot more nimble than an rl, but at the end of the day even a tasar can be sailed gently. It all comes down to the load on the sails.
Thanks for the offer but I'm in sunny Ballarat, Victoria.
Bazzington
New to sailing in the Geelong area, Victoria
Ultimate 18 - Lady Emma

LC 80 - Naturally aspirated diesel
obowey
CompetentCrew

Post by obowey »

If you post a message on the rlyacht forum, someone in vic might take you out to have a look and feel for how it sails.
MegD
Midshipman
Been thanked: 0

Post by MegD »

Hi all! New Botterill Explorer owner here, thanks to Lucas who is in these forums. :-) Planning on getting her wet this Sunday, launching from St Helens in Geelong. Can't wait! Also discovered (with sail no EX01) that she's the first Explorer out of the mould! That's fancy. Hope to see some of you Geelong based types out on the water this summer!
"I must down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."

A ship in a harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are for.
Wanton
Yachtmaster

Post by Wanton »

Welcome to the soup MegD. I am almost certain if you launch from St Helens you will meet up with some of the Geelong Trailable Yacht Club people. The GTYC has its club house there. You can find them, or perhaps even contact them via their web site, http://www.gtyc.com.au/ . I am sure they will make you feel welcome.

You may also want to contact the Betterel association in Melbourne at http://explorer16trailableyacht.blogspot.com

Cheers
Ed
Wanton C22/110
All I wanna do is sail
http://www.baysidetrailableyachtclub.com
Peter Yates
Admiral

Post by Peter Yates »

Welcome Meg,
Where did your Explorer come from? Just wondering if it is the boat recently sold from Raymond Island?
Anyway this forum has lots of help available if you need it and you should have great times with your new boat,
Best of luck.
Peter Y

Investigator 563 "Tricksy"

Tow car - Ford Territory 2WD diesel.
obowey
CompetentCrew

Post by obowey »

Welcome and fair sailing winds.
MegD
Midshipman

Post by MegD »

Thanks Ed! I have already joined the Botterill Association, and need to look into boat insurance before I can join the GTYC. I'm crewing another Botterill in the Pelican Race on Saturday though!

Thanks Peter! Mine was in Bendigo. I looked at a couple of other Botterills before this one, but they sold before I could get to see them in lockdown.

Thanks for the welcome, Obowey!
"I must down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."

A ship in a harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are for.
FarrSteve
Midshipman
Has thanked: 0

Post by FarrSteve »

Hi. I have been watching TSP for a very long time. The information from the site is very good. After all these years I have joined.

I have had many boats and over the last 20 years I have had a Boomaroo 22, a Careel 18 and 12 months ago I bought a Farr 6000 which I have been renovating. We are just about to go to Port Stephen’s for 5 nights so I have been interested in Juan’s posts. I will take wet suit booties with me !

I will post on the outcome of the trip and the itinerary when I get back. I will also post on some of the things that I have done on the Farr.

I am always impressed on the goodwill on this site.

Cheers, Stephen.
Johny
Inshore Skipper

Post by Johny »

Welcome and looking forward to your report Stephen. We've not been to Port Stephens yet and it's on the list.
Jarcat 6, Kismet. 6M Catamaran. 9.8HP 2 Stroke Tohatsu.
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV tow car.
AVAN Cruiseliner land yacht.
https://jarcat6.blogspot.com.au/
Wanton
Yachtmaster

Post by Wanton »

Welcome Stephen. Enjoy your cruise. I look forward to reading about your adventure/s.
Ed
Wanton C22/110
All I wanna do is sail
http://www.baysidetrailableyachtclub.com
Kevatstocko
Midshipman

Post by Kevatstocko »

Hi All
My name is Kevin. I live in Newcastle NSW.
I've recently bought a Farr 5000 that was advertised at Springwood NSW. Boat was in good condition but I've spent the last month or so going over it in my garage. Some new fittings, a Jib downhaul, one line slab reefing. All things that can be operated for the cockpit.
I haven't had the boat wet yet!

Living only a couple of blocks from the boat ramp I can go for afternoon sails but plan to do day sailing on Port Stephens.

I read somewhere that only 40 of these F5's were built. My hull number is 6665. Boat didn't have a name. I've given it "Safarri"
Picked up a lot of good info from other owners on this site and youtube, thanks for that.

I'll post some photos when I launch it.

Cheers
Kev
Newcastle NSW, Farr 5000 "Safarri"
past boats Griffin GTS 17, Bolger Oldshoe, Homebuilt 15ft TS, Maricats..

Ford Territory 2wd Petrol
summer sailing
Midshipman

Post by summer sailing »

congratulations on your new arrival. Safarri is a good name. I hope to acquire a F5 my self soon, So if you hear of one in your travels please let me know. A good source of information is from John Crawford Marine, they have a library of info. I look forward to seeing photos soon. Summer Sailing.
AdamsMadam
Midshipman

Post by AdamsMadam »

HI All

My name is Rob Cumine sailing out of Derwent Sailing Squadron, on Madam, an Adams 8. And currently looking for another yacht for racing and cruising coastal and racing offshore (around Tasmania) either from Tas or Victoria.

Return to “Applying for Membership & Feedback”