Melbourne chandlers - Quarterdeck Marine now in CHELTENHAM

This is the place for the great boat tradesmen you've found
zebedee
Admiral

Melbourne chandlers - Quarterdeck Marine now in CHELTENHAM

Post by zebedee » Dec 10th, '14, 15:25

So I was preparing for an expedition down to Seaford to visit Quarterdeck Marine and I thought I might ring them first to see if they have what I want.

Good thing I did, they've moved to Cheltenham, much closer to home for me.

We now have Quarterdeck, Sundance Marine and Anchor Marine in the Bayside area, in addition to Discount Seamart and Whitworths in Elizabeth Street.
A man's boat is his Castle. The Gippsland Lakes are my moat. Castle 650 #10, Roller Coaster.

sailboatmike
Admiral

Re: Melbourne chandlers - Quarterdeck Marine now in CHELTENH

Post by sailboatmike » Dec 10th, '14, 16:44

Thats the mob that at least 4 times they said they would ring me back and never did, lost my order twice and it took me 12 weeks to get what should of been here in a couple of days.

I wont deal with them again if I have a choice :roll:
Cheers Mike
Macgregor 26X SeaYaLater
Hastings Yacht Club
Warneet Motor Yacht Club
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClULxh ... a5w/videos

Lofty
CompetentCrew

Post by Lofty » Dec 10th, '14, 21:54

Ditto for me .. Promised delivery of something for 2 weeks .. Never Arrived .. At least they didn't charge my cc

zebedee
Admiral

Post by zebedee » Dec 11th, '14, 00:11

They're convenient for walking in and looking around for me. I don't generally have the patience to order something, I just go find someone who has it in stock.
A man's boat is his Castle. The Gippsland Lakes are my moat. Castle 650 #10, Roller Coaster.

sailboatmike
Admiral

Post by sailboatmike » Dec 11th, '14, 03:28

zebedee wrote:They're convenient for walking in and looking around for me. I don't generally have the patience to order something, I just go find someone who has it in stock.
Was parts for the Profurl, a few distribute, nobody seems to keep stock except importer, so no choice but to order them in :(

Importers service was great, but they wont sell direct gave me part Numbers and told me they were in stock, but I had to buy from a distributer as they are a wholesaler
Cheers Mike
Macgregor 26X SeaYaLater
Hastings Yacht Club
Warneet Motor Yacht Club
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClULxh ... a5w/videos

colect149
Yachtmaster

Post by colect149 » Dec 11th, '14, 13:01

Got a few things from Quarterdeck over the years. Cannot remember what it was but I did get a special order that came through on time and they called me when it arrived. Like most chandlers, they struggle to match Whitworths catalogue.
Cheltenham not so good for me. There is a chandler in Mornington and BCF carries a bit of yachtie stuff now.
Farr 5000 (Frodo).Tow hack Kia Sportage 2l FWD, Avan Camper, 1967 MGB roadster, 1932 Austin 7 Sports.

Return to “Recommended Tradesmen”