duncanhayward
Able Skipper

ACT Vessels & Vehicles - Tohatsu Dealer

Post by duncanhayward » Dec 17th, '18, 06:51

Dave Hitchcock
38 Silva Ave
Queanbeyan NSW
actvesselsnvehicles@westnet.com.au

Recently sold and installed a 9.8 hp 4 stroke Tohatsu with remote control in the NX25. Great service and great installation. Wiring, routing of cables excellent. Also made up a locking plate for me to prevent the motor pivoting in the well and installed a fixed fuel filter. When I went to collect boat, he had washed the cockpit and deck "to make sure none of his greasy handprints remained!". Wish I had of found him earlier! Dave has now re-engined 2 x NX25 in the last month.
Duncan
Noelex 25 #952
Quo Vadis

Frank Peters
Able Skipper

Re: ACT Vessels & Vehicles - Tohatsu Dealer

Post by Frank Peters » Dec 17th, '18, 21:20

Hi duncanhayward,
How did you fit motor under the rudder? Or did you put on extension? I cut the motor cover and mounting board 25mm to make room for rudder stock. I have standard prop and it does the job. Regards Frank

duncanhayward
Able Skipper

Re: ACT Vessels & Vehicles - Tohatsu Dealer

Post by duncanhayward » Dec 17th, '18, 22:03

Hi Frank,

I have the original rudder setup where the tiller comes through the transom. The underside of the tiller just drags across a raised lip at the rear edge of the engine cowling. This area sits proud less than 3mm. I've decided to leave the engine cover alone and am placing some chafe tape on the protruding edge and am going to gently sand back the underside of the tiller so it clears. I have a high thrust prop that came with the previous Mercury and was very happy to find that it fits the Tohatsu.

Regards Duncan
Duncan
Noelex 25 #952
Quo Vadis

Return to “Recommended Tradesmen”