Chart of Gippsland Lakes

To let people know who and where you are.
pattersonsqld
Lakes & Bays Skipper

Chart of Gippsland Lakes

Post by pattersonsqld » Dec 8th, '08, 22:04

Guys

Am chasing a chart (or chartlet) of Gippsland Lakes for a friend. I don't want you to know he'll be racing against yo in the Marlay Point Race!!

Anyone got something they can email? pattersonsqld@bigfoot.com
Linsay & Annette Patterson
"Infinity" (Keelboat)
Hervey Bay Qld.

yottione
Lakes & Bays Skipper

Post by yottione » Dec 14th, '08, 09:28

There are no Admiralty charts of the Gippsland lakes, the tourist centres and fishing suppliers have publications that are an OK guide, but the best is a book called "The creeks and Harbours of the Gippsland Lakes" by Richard Hawkins, boat books will have it and book stores like collins book sellers often stock it in thier sports section.
Cole 23 "Illawong" towed by Mitsubishi Canter 4.2 litre Diesel.
Before you give anyone a piece of your mind, make sure you have enough to share!

MargGannet
Yachtmaster

Post by MargGannet » Dec 14th, '08, 09:55

If you want to get a bit of an idea, trawl around the riviera nautic site - they are based at metung, hire boats, and have some itinirary type info. sorry haven't got the link to hand :cry: any maps online are rough! not like the nsw waterways!
Marg
Special Edition NX 25,
LC 80 series
Bayswater North, Vic

huwp
Able Skipper

Post by huwp » Dec 15th, '09, 10:56

There is a coast guard (i think) map of the area which I found to be handy and it is available at many stores around there. I bought a laminated one as well as a folded one which I keep on the boat and as I said, it seems to serve its purpose well. There are some people who have tried to overlay GPS poi's onto maps which you can try downloading. From memory there are some threads in here that cover it, try searching for GPS maps.
Huw
Melbourne

Return to “Member locations”