All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Aug 19th, '15, 22:28 
Midshipman

Have thanks: 0 time
Johno Gaal

Bega (Far South Coast NSW)
Farr 6000, 'Panacea' dragged about by a Nissan X-Trail

Mostly sailing Twofold Bay Eden & Montague Island
Sometimes sailing Whitsunday's :D , Tassie :D , Lakes Entrance :D etc, or steaming down the Murray River :D
Keen to collect all the trailer sailer owners in the Bega Valley together, for a day sail in January 2016 :lol:
Phone 0435 563 420

Attachments:
Panacea JPEG.pdf [512.08 KiB]
Downloaded 62 times

PostPosted: Jun 14th, '17, 21:29 
Midshipman

Have thanks: 2 times
Johnog wrote:
Johno Gaal

Sometimes sailing Whitsunday's :D , Tassie :D , Lakes Entrance :D etc, or steaming down the Murray River :D
Keen to collect all the trailer sailer owners in the Bega Valley together, for a day sail in January 2016 :lol:
Phone 0435 563 420

Hi Johno I see your tow wagon is a X-Trail. I need to replace my current vehicle and wondered how yours handles the Farr. What size motor and what tow capacity ?

Peter Rountree 0488739683

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Jun 14th, '17, 21:55 
Admiral

Have thanks: 872 times
John last visited us in November 2015, so you probably won't get a reply, John replied here! but I can tell you that Inma has an X-Trail and an RL24 which we think is around 1300kg. Most, but not all, X-Trail variants are rated to tow 2000kg.

A man's boat is his Castle. The Gippsland Lakes are my moat. Castle 650 #10, Roller Coaster.

PostPosted: Jun 15th, '17, 22:51 
CompetentCrew

Have thanks: 3 times
Peridot wrote:
Johnog wrote:
Johno Gaal

Phone 0435 563 420

Hi Johno I see your tow wagon is a X-Trail. I need to replace my current vehicle and wondered how yours handles the Farr. What size motor and what tow capacity ?

Peter Rountree 0488739683

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

I use an Xtrail to tow my 23 foot NIS. The weight of boat and trailer is claimed to be 1500kg. I need to confirm this with a weighbridge.

I haven't towed it far at all, only a few times and short distances, but it does seem to cope OK. I wouldn't want to pull anything much bigger, and would really like the boat to be smaller (or the car bigger!) But it does it ok without labouring too much as long as you keep the speed down and use a lower gear than normal. Seems to have the power and braking to handle this weight OK. The xtrail pulled it up the ramp with no issues so far.

I would really love a low ratio option for manuvering the trailer around as it is pretty hard on the clutch without this.

Mine is a 2002 2.5 ltr 4 cylinder Petrel with a 5 speed manual transmission and a 2000kg towball capacity.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk