Adding Images into a thread

Topic to show members how to use the functions that the site provides when adding a new post. Also a few rules on what NOT to do.
Tez
Lakes & Bays Skipper

Adding Images into a thread

Post by Tez » Apr 1st, '12, 15:42

Once you've got your image copied safely and reduced in size to under 160 kb, adding it to a thread is rather straight-forward actually...

Having clicked on the "reply" or "New Topic" button, you are transported to the editing window we are all so familiar with:
TSP1.jpg
TSP1.jpg (113.75 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
Well, if you scroll the window down, you will uncover the area where you can attach images! :)
TSP2.jpg
TSP2.jpg (123.91 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
If you click on the "Browse..." button, a window will open up showing you the content of your computer's hard-disk.
Navigate to wherever you saved that "less than 160kb image" you created in the first part, and select it:
TSP3.jpg
TSP3.jpg (113.12 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
Once you've selected the image to upload, Optionally, you can add a file comment if you wish, but you must click on the "Add the file" button.
This will start the actual upload of the image to the TSP server - when you click on the "Add the file" button, you will briefly see a smaller window with a scale appear as the file uploads. :
TSP4.jpg
TSP4.jpg (107.26 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
Now, if something goes wrong with the upload like the image was too big (we wouldn't be that silly, now would we?!) - you will get an error message appear at the top of the window that looks like this:
TSP5.jpg
TSP5.jpg (112.01 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
However, if you've done everything correctly, nothing much will appear for all your efforts! - But if you look closely, you'll see directly under the text entry box there will now be an "Attachments" area with a drop-down box listing your image and a button next to it saying "Place inline".
TSP6.jpg
TSP6.jpg (114.69 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
Well Done! - you're nearly there! :D
Now we simply have to place the cursor in our text where we want the image to appear, and click on the "Place Inline" button.
TSP7.jpg
TSP7.jpg (111.13 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
The page will put some code and your file name wherever you had your cursor, and that's where your image will appear.:
TSP8.jpg
TSP8.jpg (116.47 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
If you want to check how your posting will look - before you submit it - click on the "Preview" button to the left of "Submit"...

All looks ok? - great! - hit the submit button, and enlighten us all with your lovely images! :mrgreen:
Tez
Kimantez
Seaway25

Cookiesa
Able Skipper

Re: Adding Images into a thread

Post by Cookiesa » Nov 28th, '12, 21:48

Is there a way to do this on an IPAD?

I currently have to fire up my notebook, then usually just use the link from my facebook pictures.

This is why I am a bit slow updated progress pics :) well that's my excuse anyway! Lol
8ft Pram Sailing Dingy
19ft "Unknown" Project (Avatar)
25ft Cruising Cat Under Construction

Tymadman
Able Skipper

Re: Adding Images into a thread

Post by Tymadman » Nov 28th, '12, 22:11

Cookiesa wrote:Is there a way to do this on an IPAD?

I currently have to fire up my notebook, then usually just use the link from my facebook pictures.

This is why I am a bit slow updated progress pics :) well that's my excuse anyway! Lol
Yes, use an app called Tapatalk.
Cheers,

Neil

Crosswind
Ross 650

Return to “How to do stuff - Quotes, Editing, Deleting etc”