Photo bucket fix - if you really need to see old photos

Topic to show members how to use the functions that the site provides when adding a new post. Also a few rules on what NOT to do.
bachus
Able Skipper

Photo bucket fix - if you really need to see old photos

Post by bachus » Jan 3rd, '18, 12:08

It is possible to add extension to some browsers that bypasses the current block on publishing photobucket photos. I suspect Photobucket will be defeating such measures but for now it works. See warning following.

If you're using Google Chrome, go to the three dots on the right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over "More Tools," and when the next drop down appears, click on extensions. Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get more extensions." In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix," and hit enter. Click the install button on one of the options and once it's done, you should be able to see photobucket pictures again.

The chrome extension I tried was "Photobucket Hotlink Fix 1.3.14".

For FireFox users, click on the three bars on the right side of the screen, then click on Add-ons. Click Search for "photobucket hotlink" and click install. Same result.

For Safari users, out of luck it seems but see following.

**** WARNING: I do not know what else said extensions "do" to the browser . . . . probably why no Safari extension - extension must be downloaded from the APP store and thus vetted by Apple. Workaround = If you run Chrome today then install firefox and run the extension from firefox only using firefox for this one purpose . . . . or vice versa.
Jim
Castle 650 #96. Mystic.
Tow hack: Ford Territory TX SZ MkII Auto AWD

Return to “How to do stuff - Quotes, Editing, Deleting etc”