Hartley TS16 to Cat 5

This is for any general chat and information. Posts on specific topics covered in other forums will be moved to keep all forums active and relevant. No political posts will be tolerated, and if you have had your fill of TSP then a political post is an easy way out the door"
doyletime
Midshipman

Hartley TS16 to Cat 5

Post by doyletime » Mar 14th, '18, 10:54

So I'm looking at winding my sailing clock back and getting a TS16, but looking at a lot of the racing ones on the market they seem to be maintained to class rule not cat 5 (or Cat 5 night). As the main event I'd do on it would be mponr each year.

The main thing that has me a bit perplexed is companionway hatches on a wide companionway with the centreboard plate case raised into the entry.

Has anyone done something similar?

mob
Able Skipper

Re: Hartley TS16 to Cat 5

Post by mob » Mar 14th, '18, 12:28

Have a look at the gallery at http://hartley-ts.com.au/Forum/ and you'll find examples there.

doyletime
Midshipman

Post by doyletime » Mar 14th, '18, 16:17

mob wrote:Have a look at the gallery at http://hartley-ts.com.au/Forum/ and you'll find examples there.

Great, Cheers!

HELLICONIA54
Able Skipper

Post by HELLICONIA54 » Mar 24th, '18, 18:24

doyletime wrote:So I'm looking at winding my sailing clock back and getting a TS16, but looking at a lot of the racing ones on the market they seem to be maintained to class rule not cat 5 (or Cat 5 night). As the main event I'd do on it would be mponr each year.

The main thing that has me a bit perplexed is companionway hatches on a wide companionway with the centreboard plate case raised into the entry.

Has anyone done something similar?
We entered this year's MPONR,We came last.Our TS16 is a cruising boat We have the smaller companionway,with sliding hatch and storm shutters.We managed to get ours CAT5.
HartleyTS16,SWN y MOR.
17' pirogue,Stormbringer,
1968 Flying Dutchman,Kittiwake.

Return to “General”