Having problems joining TSP or want to post some feedback?
This is the place to do it.
sixfoot
Midshipman

Post by sixfoot » Apr 29th, '16, 09:49

Hello everyone.
I have had an interest in boats all my life. I am now retired and want to extend my sailing experience from fresh water lakes
and the odd salt water bay or estuary. I am now wanting to do a few N S W coastal hops from Batemans Bay either North or south
depending on the prevailing winds. I would also like to do the odd overnighter but will wait till i have more ocean experience.
And to this end i have recently purchased a very good condition Southcoast 22 and will be asking questions about this vessel as the
previous owner didn't know anything about it. I have had a fella who is an able coastal cruiser look her over and he said she would
be very capable of inshore coastal hops and even the overnighters if the weather be right.
Now i realise that coastal is way different than inclosed waters and i have been studying studying studying.

Cheers, Sixfoot.

INMA
Admiral

Re: Newbie

Post by INMA » Apr 29th, '16, 11:09

Welcome, the SC22 is a very competent yacht.
RL24 Mk4 cruiser Mariner 5 2 stroke

A bad day in the Whitsundays is better than a good day at work. Unless you work in the Whitsundays.

sixfoot
Midshipman

Post by sixfoot » Apr 29th, '16, 18:22

Hi INMA.
Thanks for the welcome. There is not a great deal of in fo on the SC 22 so will be brainpicking here now and again.

Cheers, Sixfoot.

INMA
Admiral

Post by INMA » Apr 29th, '16, 19:25

The SC22 is a narrow beam yacht with most of its stability provided by the drop keel.

Unlike other trailerables, it sails best with some heel and powers up punching through waves with its narrow beam.

I had its big brother the Southcoast Magnum and can tell you yours will be fun in stronger winds.
RL24 Mk4 cruiser Mariner 5 2 stroke

A bad day in the Whitsundays is better than a good day at work. Unless you work in the Whitsundays.

Return to “Applying for Membership & Feedback”