Having problems joining TSP or want to post some feedback?
This is the place to do it.
cam780
Midshipman

Post by cam780 » Sep 8th, '15, 23:29

Hi
I am a new member in Melbourne and only started to get back to sailing after the last 20 years exploring Australia on land. Recently purchased a Ross 780 for the family to learn to sail and then get back to some racing into the future. Having sailed mainly on the east coast, Brisbane and Sydney, I am new to Victoria waters so everything is very new and with a young family we will slowly get up to speed. I look forward to the Trailable Yachts Season Opening Weekend on Sunday as I will try to attend to get a few tips as I have never had a TS before.

Regards
Cameron

zebedee
Admiral

Re: New Member

Post by zebedee » Sep 9th, '15, 01:10

cam780 wrote:...get back to some racing into the future.
...I am new to Victoria waters so everything is very new and with a young family we will slowly get up to speed.
Melbourne Trailables seem to be the racing club for Trailer Sailers on the bay. They have a good overlap with our membership here, so most of their events seem to get announced here.

For family sailing, Paynesville on the Gippsland Lakes is a brilliant starting point. Bayside Trailerables are a different, cruising oriented club, who frequently sail the lakes, again with lots of members here.

Welcome aboard!
A man's boat is his Castle. The Gippsland Lakes are my moat. Castle 650 #10, Roller Coaster.

PaulS
Able Skipper

Post by PaulS » Sep 9th, '15, 07:37

If we are spruiking clubs the Hartley 18-21 club has many non Hartley boats (Farrs, Sunmaids etc) and now has an extensive cruising calender starting with a weekend cruise in October on the bay. Just google the club name to get to the website and contact details or send me a message (pm) via this forum.

Paul
BETTER DROWNED THAN DUFFERS IF NOT DUFFERS WON'T DROWN
South Gippsland Victoria

sailboatmike
Admiral

Post by sailboatmike » Sep 9th, '15, 07:47

And dont forget Warneet Yacht Club, we even have mast up storage available at very competitive rates for members, sure beats packing down after every sail
Cheers Mike
Macgregor 26X SeaYaLater
Hastings Yacht Club
Warneet Motor Yacht Club
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClULxh ... a5w/videos

Sue H
Lakes & Bays Skipper

Post by Sue H » Sep 9th, '15, 09:11

Welcome Cameron. Enjoy your interactions on this forum and your return to sailing. There is certainly a wealth of knowledge and expertise available to assist with almost any issue you pose to the members here.
Cheers,
Sue n Crew
S7
Watermark

Return to “Applying for Membership & Feedback”