New member - Boataddict

Having problems joining TSP or want to post some feedback?
This is the place to do it.
boataddict
Inshore Skipper

New member - Boataddict

Post by boataddict » Feb 6th, '15, 10:08

Hi all,
My real name is Martin from Canberra. I have been lurking for a while and thought I should join and introduce myself. First I want to say thanks to everyone who posts useful and interesting info on this site, it has really helped improve my understanding of, and interest, in Trailer Sailers.

My boating history includes many follies from tinny to 25 ft cruiser and glass runabout to halfcab. Have also owned and sailed (poorly) in a 125 and a Pacer dinghy and a 14ft cat. I have also crewed on a Magic 25 and Elliot 7 and enjoyed the speed but would like someting with a bit more comfort...

Now I want a trailer sailer!

Standby for my "should i buy this boat" line of questioning.

Thanks for inviting me aboard.

Cheers,
Martin.
Finally got a TS!
Red Jacket fixed keel - 'Sea Eagle'

MoodyBlue
Administrator

Re: New member - Boataddict

Post by MoodyBlue » Feb 6th, '15, 10:30

Martin,
Welcome aboard.

Don't be afraid to ask questions.

We are all just sailors trying to help each other where possible.

With trailer sailers, possibly due to the low numbers built, there were never Parts manuals or much other documentation to assist with setup or repairs which makes it very hard for newcomers to figure out where bits belong.

There is also the issue of yachts that were sold part complete and owners then allowed to finish them. So fittings and fitout often varied so no two boats ended up the same.

But they all have two things in common and that is white flappy things to make them move, and a big stick of some description to hold up the white flappy things.

Cheers
Jeff
TSP Administrator
"There is no perfect boat. There are only those shaded to your preferences.":-)

Return to “Applying for Membership & Feedback”