New Members Introductions

Having problems joining TSP or want to post some feedback?
This is the place to do it.
zebedee
Admiral

Re: New Members Introductions

Post by zebedee » Oct 19th, '18, 19:00

There's a regular group trip to Refuge Cove on Queens Birthday weekend to take advantage of the safer weather that time of year.
A man's boat is his Castle. The Gippsland Lakes are my moat. Castle 650 #10, Roller Coaster.

Wingman
Midshipman

Post by Wingman » Nov 4th, '18, 19:40

Hi All,

Tony 'Wingman' (an old nickname from when I broke my arm years ago) from Canberra. New to the TS world and currently in the market for a TS of about 20' (Boomerang 20, Sonata 6 & Timpenny 670 are of interest at this stage). Thanks for allowing us onto your site so that we can hopefully reduce the amount of mistakes we make with our first purchase. Not new to boats but definitely to TSers.

Thanks and all the best,

Peter Yates
Admiral

Post by Peter Yates » Nov 4th, '18, 20:52

Welcome Wingman. Lots of handy information on this site.

When you say "not new to boats", have you been a sailor or a power-boater?

Cheers
Peter Y

Investigator 563 "Tricksy"
"Myf" the skiff

Wingman
Midshipman

Post by Wingman » Nov 5th, '18, 12:42

Hi Peter and thanks for the welcome!

Power boats are what I'm more familiar with so I'm on a steep learning curve. My wife sailed quite a bit in her earlier years and I'm taking lessons so we should do okay. Canberra has a strong sailing community and we look forward to joining them on the lake very shortly.

Regards,

Peter Yates
Admiral

Post by Peter Yates » Nov 5th, '18, 14:37

Sounds promising, especially if your wife loves sailing.

My long-suffering wife likes it on nice days and is getting braver at tolerating the blustery days, but she mainly does it for me.
Peter Y

"Myf" the skiff

Joséjones
Midshipman

Post by Joséjones » Dec 7th, '18, 16:23

Hi Everyone,
I'm glad to have found the New Member Intro section. We have been watching this board since early this year as my partner and I have been on the journey to buy our first boat. Now we are proud to say that we are full members of the trailer sailor flotilla! We are the new owners of Sabre 22 Lady Jane and are taking delivery of her from Hastings tomorrow. Lady Jane's been around a while and I am sure that some of you will know her or seen her on the water. Emma and I intend to give her a good life sailing Port Phillip, Westernport and the Gippsland lakes along with our kids.

Although we have a little bit of sailing experience (family boats as kids, bit of crewing, etc) we are quite new to this so we will be grateful of any help, advice or encouragement that other members can give. We're looking forward to seeing you online and on the water!

Regards,

Joe and Emma

P.S. Could I suggest that the Member Intro be moved to a standing item on the front page?

Peter Yates
Admiral

Post by Peter Yates » Dec 7th, '18, 17:14

Welcome Joe and Emma, might see you around Paynesville if you get down that way in future. Nearly always some TSP folk on the water in that area at any given time.
Peter Y

"Myf" the skiff

Return to “Applying for Membership & Feedback”